The Compact Disc or CD is something that we have used during the decade of 2000 and 2010, but its corpse use is being reduced more. Advanced technology increasingly at a faster pace and with these advances you are sure to find yourself at home with a lot of CDs that are useless. Can be done certain crafts with CDs recycled to give it a second useful life and not generate so much waste. Surely the vast majority of them call used nor do you have anywhere to reproduce them.
Therefore, we are going to dedicate this article to tell you some of the best crafts with CDs to recycle.
Crafts with CDs
It is about creating a hovercraft so that your children can entertain themselves and have fun playing with them. It can be launched to see who goes the furthest or just enjoy it. Let's see what are the main materials you need to be able to make them:
- Two CDs
- Two ballons
- White paper or cardstock
- Glue stick and instant glue
- Colored markers
- Plastic plugs
Next, we show the necessary steps you need to take to make these crafts with CDs:
- First, use your CD to draw their outlines on soft cardboard and cut them out.
- Use colored markers to decorate the cardboard to your liking.
- When you're ready, paste the card onto the CD. It is important not to forget to also drill the central circle so that a hole remains.
- Using instant glue, glue the plastic cover to the center area of the CD, right where the hole is.
- Inflate and tie the balloon. Then snap the opening into the socket and you're good to go.
Dream catchers can serve as a charm to protect children from nightmares. Even though they don't really have a real effect, the little ones can be made to believe that it is useful so that they feel calmer and can sleep well. To make this craft you need the following materials:
- Wool colors
- Plastic needle
- Permanent colored markers
To make the dreamcatcher you need to go step by step if you want to do it correctly. These are the main steps to follow:
- The first step is to cut a piece of yarn (approximately 15 cm) and glue one end to the back of the CD.
- Then, you will have to go through the central hole at the other end of the disk an odd number of times. If it is easier for you, you can help yourself with plastic needles.
- When it's ready, distribute all the threads that make up the shaft more or less evenly. Now, you can loosen the part of the thread that was taped up and tie it to the remaining end.
- It's time to knit wool. You can choose several colors and mix them gradually. Prepare the yarn in the color of your choice to start on the needle, tie the end behind the cd to a shaft and start knitting. The idea is that the needle passes through one axis below and the next above until the thread runs out.
- Repeat the same operation for the rest of the selected colors.
- Next, choose the color of the thread for the end that the beads will carry and hang from the CD. Tie each string behind it. At the other end, insert the beads and tie a thick knot to prevent them from falling out.
- On top, hangs a double thread, you have to go through one of the shafts, and then tie the end of it.
- As a final touch, you can decorate the surface of the CD with colored permanent markers.
A recycled spinning top is not only a toy for children to entertain, but also serves to introduce some history to about the parents' youth. And it is that only a few decades ago the spinning top was one of the most famous games and known to young people. So that don't miss the old ways we can make these crafts with CDs and have fun with them. In order to make the tops, the following materials are needed:
- A CD
- A marble
- A plastic plug
- Instant glue
- White sticker paper
- Colored markers
In order to carry out the spinning top, we are going to see what are the steps to follow:
- On white self-adhesive paper (if you don't have it, you can use white card to stick it on the CD), draw the outline of the CD, including the center hole, cut it out and stick it on the CD.
- Decorate the CD with colored markers and patterns that you like.
- At the bottom of the CD, in the center of the hole, you have to glue the marble with instant glue.
- Also in the center, but on the upper surface, You will repeat the same operation to glue the plastic cover.
- When the glue is dry and you check that everything is securely attached, it's time to launch your top and start spinning.
One way to make children have fun while learning is to create the planet Saturn from an old CD. It can be not only a craft to recycle, but also helps children's creativity and decoration of their room. With this planet made with recycled materials you can have a more personalized decoration and with good intentions with respect to the environment. In order to carry out this craft, you need the following materials:
- A ball of polyexpan
- A CD
- Paint and brush
- A toothpick
Next, we show you what are the main steps to follow in order to create the recycled planet Saturn:
- Divide the polyexpan ball into two halves and paint each half with orange tempera.
- After the paint dries, Tie a string to one of the patches to hang it up later.
- Finally, glue each half of the polystyrene bullet to the CD (one on the top and one on the bottom as a "sandwich").
With these tips you can enjoy with your children some simple crafts while you will receive old materials. I hope that with this information you can learn more about some of the crafts with CDs.