We have all been presented with the problem of how to dispose of old things that we have in the storage room for years without knowing with certainty what to do with them, one fine day we made up our minds and threw them in the container while still hearing "the voice of conscience" that tells us that we are doing it wrong, that we are polluting environment.
If you are one or one of those who put their hands on their heads, know that there are solutions. First are the classic yellow, green and blue containers for paper and cardboard, glass and packaging. If there is not one in your neighborhood or urbanization, you can go to the City Council and report it, currently the City Councils that do not recycle are sanctioned with fines.
If your "pots" are not within the group of urban waste that I mentioned earlier, you still have the alternative of "clean points»Fixed or mobile where you can leave a certain type of waste that effectively and like our conservation awareness It tells us we should not leave it in the normal container or in the recycling ones.
It is waste that by the nature of its components are highly toxic and they must be eliminated in special plants or they can also follow a chain of recycling And be reused by other people or institutions, such as computers and mobiles.
The waste that we could take to a clean point are:
- Batteries and batteriesIts components, especially mercury, are highly polluting.
- Containers medicines, they are recycled, preferably, at the SIGRE clean point in pharmacies.
- Small metal debris such as pans or pots.
- TVs y monitors, plastics, glass and metal are separated.
- Home Appliances, the materials are separated and both plastic and metal are recycled.
- Cooking oils, are recycled to make biodiesel.
- Motor oils, are used as a base for lubricants.
- CDs and DVDs, plastic is recycled.
- Clothing, sheets, towels and all textilesIf they are in good condition, they are donated to charitable foundations, just like shoes.
- X-rays, the silver salts and other elements are recovered.
- Furniture, debris, junk, wood, you must use the City Hall collection service.
- aerosols, its components are separated, the packaging is recycled.
- Paints and solvents, the elements are separated and the containers are recycled.
- Electronic waste as ordenadores y mobile they are separate and 90 percent used. Those that work well (80%) are donated and reused and those that don't are recycled by mobile phone factories. They separate into plastics and metals (it contains lead and other carcinogenic elements), it also contains precious metals.
- Ink cartridges, the plastic is recharged or recycled.
- Fluorescent bulbs, metal and glass are recycled, mercury dust is recovered.
- Cables, plastic and metals are separated and recycled.
In all the cities of Spain there are green points. On the OCU website there is a green dot finder where you can locate the closest to your home. It is wise to say that each Clean Point has its own standards, so it is best to call ahead to see what they get and what they don't.
We return the following items to where we bought them: tires and goggles. Insulin syringes are brought to the health center.
A comment, leave yours
Ask, do you receive mattresses?